front propshaft help/information

i am hoping someone can give me some assistance while i still have a little hair left

the 90 i brought was part way through 2" lift and a 300tdi auto conversion/bodge it had a rear propshaft with the car that appears to have been cut and welded to fit (no idea about balancing so assume not)

the issue i have at the moment is the front prop, my closest measurements give me 700mm distance between flanges with the vehicle rested on its wheels,

i have cobbled a couple of different props together to fill the gap (a short section that is wide angled and the long section which seems to be normal landy) but still only gives about 5-10mm travel to the outer end of the splines does anyone know if any of the land rovers came with a 700mm prop, assuming the measurement is taken closed

i could use a 10-20mm spacer as advertised on a certain auction site but am unsure the amount of travel required and very dubious about using half a wide angled prop and half a standard one

or i could cut down and weld a longer prop to suit, again dubious no acess to lathe or balancing equipment

input or ideas would be appreciated in this matter

thanks

If it's had a 300tdi/auto fitted correctly, the transfer box should sit in the same position it always did and the original/standard props can be refitted. In this case the engine will be forward in the engine bay.

If the engine has been fitted in the 200tdi/td position, ie engine close to the bulkhead, then the transfer box will be about 4" further back with an auto. In that case you need to either get standard props shortened/lenthened or custom props made.

could someone guide me through how to calculate the correct length of prop required please?

should the slip joint be approximatly halfway along its travel for this measurement?

as the vehicle has only a 2" lift (springs and shocks only) is there any need for wide angle yolks or should standards be acceptable?