Water Pump Dying?

Title says it all really, there is a squeal coming from the front of my engine that has slowly but steadily got worse.

I'm pretty sure it's not any of the belts and I have used 'the screw driver stethoscope technique' to listen to the alternator, PAS pump and water pump. The PAS pump and alternator sound ok, well ok compared to the water pump which sounds like there's a little angry man in there... using a large hammer!

So I'm guessing the water pump bearings have had enough, however does anyone have any suggestions/tips on how I can confirm this? Only thing I can think of is to slip the belt(s) off and have a feel of the bearings.

I was thinking about changing it anyway, as I do not know the age of the pump.

However, the 90 is my daily driver so I am a little worried that I may have trouble with seized bolts. I need the car for work, but I'm sure plenty of plus gas, and some gentle persuasion will get them out all in one piece, however I might order replacement bolts with the new pump and get some left hand drills just in case :unsure:

Can anyone tell me if there are any 'usual suspects' when it comes to V8 water pump bolts seizing? Also, am i right in thinking the lower pump bolts go through the timing cover, so should those snap would it mean removing timing cover to remove any broken bolt(s)?

Think i'm going to just order all new bolts, if there aren't one or two in particular that tend to seize.

Ok, a little 'challenge' for everyone, from the attachment below what bolts do I need? I'm finding it very difficult to understand it!! note: My 90 had Aircon fitted originally.

post-4669-0-01602500-1320063481_thumb.png

Nevermind Peter!

Update - I have found somewhere that sells stainless bolt kits for the pump so I think I may go down that road, being stainless they won't rust and I guess are less likely to seize in the future. However, are there any downsides of stainless that I should be aware of?