Mintex brake discs

Boro

Need to buy some new brake discs for my 71 rangerover, looking on the paddock website the choice seems limited to the cheapo unbranded discs only at £11 ish each so i went to the mintex website to see if they did anything, entered in to their catalogue the part numbers 571762 for front and 571912 for rear great it brings up discs but wait these discs are also listed for modern stuff (2007 onwards defender for example) so either the mintex catalogue is wrong, mintex make their discs to fit both metric and imperial cars (news to me as i fitted the discs they are suggesting to my 95 disco!) or metric discs fit? can anyone shed any light on this? or suggest somewhere that does decent branded imperial brake discs and for anyone reading this wondering why i havent mentioned pads dont worry im replacing those as well its just i can get mintex pads just fine!

Providing you entered the right part numbers - I would suggest that the discs will fit both imperial and metric,

I don.t buy this sort of thing from L/R suppliers because I can get them cheaper on my trade account, so just use the vehicle reg No.

Can you not contact Mintex via e-mail and ask specifically if they'll fit from the reg No of your vehicle?

Les.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some off the bay and thye are completley wrong, I supect they fit a P38 or something. Anyhoo, my LSE has EBC disks all round, 4 disks and 8 pads was about £212 when I did mine, well worth it.

Blue had some Delphi ones I think, from Paddocks, really good quality and better corrosion resistance. Sadly softer metal brakes better but rusts and wears.

By coincidence as i read tis an advertising banner came up under your first ppost, for an EBC direct supplier. they're a bit pricey :wacko: compared to Paddocksbut EBC do a standard pad and disk for half the price of a perfomance part, so perhaps £60 for the front disks if I read correctly.

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/?source=googleebcgif&gclid=CI_2n-KarqwCFYEZ4QodrCB0GQ

I think they are both non-vented disks and AFAIK most LR use the same hub casting even if the bearings sit further apart on the stub like some I had a few years ago from an Ibex.

The vented disks I would guess have the inner face in the same place and the outer further inside the wheel, becasue they are made by spacing a non-vented calliper.