Underseat sub woofer.

I have bought second hand, an old panasonic sub woofer for only a few quid. However I dont know how to wire it up to my Sony CDX head unit. I have the wiring loom with it but can't find anywhere to download a manual, any general help would be much appreciated. Will prob. mount it on the bulkhead behind the cubby box. The loom has a red and a brown earth, and 2 sets of twin speaker cables.

Cheers.

Put up some pics. I presume its an active sub? Sounds like red and brown are power - straight to battery maybe, but may want to add a fuse if it doesnt have one internally, and it will be on all of the time unless you add a switch (or relay from an ignition feed i suppose?).

Sounds like you will need to splice into the speaker wires to get the sound feed to the sub (some amps have this, and a phono connection facility). I'd be suprised if it doesnt have phono inputs somewhere

You may have issues getting that to fit to a modern headunit.

The outputs from your stereo will probably be the RCA kind, and on most modern active subs you would find the same.

You may be able to find/make a RCA to open end cable, but I haven't seen one.

Sorry can't be of more use.

Some amps will accept an input from the speaker cables of the headunit (wasnt it a kind of low level (phono) / High level input??). I think these were most common when only expensive head units had RCA outputs. This may be one of those i guess?