bench-testing a wiper motor, which wires??

I am currently rebuilding a bulkhead and want to check my wiper motor is in order before i go any further. I can see which is the negative terminal but which of the other wire need power in order to get some life out of the motor. It is a early (1983) model if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Mark

I have a wiring diagram for a later model but it is gobbledygook to me! There are 4 different coloured wires to the motor plus earth. If the thing is earthed and I put 12v to each of the 4 different wires will it eventually show signs of life, assuming it to be a working unit? Or does more than one terminal need to be live?

When getting my 109 prepped for MoT, and finding wiper to be non - functioning, I think I just put a live to all the terminals until it worked. Its a single speed motor so only three wires..or is it two...anyway, it worked! Traced the fault to dirty contacts which were all cleaned and then we're up and running again.

if its a one speed motor then there should be only two wires, simple, earth and live, if its a two speed, removes the wires from the park switch, blue yellow and red from memory, blue is earth, red and yellow are one speed and two, the only this you can.t easily test is the park switch.