Discovery door locks

gingerbeemer

Does anyone know if the drivers door lock on a late 300TDi Disco has a micro switch in it that affects the central lockin/ alarm system?

I recently removed mine to replace the small spring that holds the door plunger up and now, whenever I lock it with the blipper, I get a double beep with the horn and the interior lights wont go out. (also the rear wiper wont work either! Random)

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Having just replaced the lock/handle assembly on mine, I can tell you that there is a microswitch in there that is activated when you turn the key in the lock. It's a small black box about 10mm by 15mm with two wires coming out that plug in just above the central locking actuator.

The old one is out in the shed if you would like me to take a pic of it for you.

HTH,

Paul

Does anyone know if the drivers door lock on a late 300TDi Disco has a micro switch in it that affects the central lockin/ alarm system?

I recently removed mine to replace the small spring that holds the door plunger up and now, whenever I lock it with the blipper, I get a double beep with the horn and the interior lights wont go out. (also the rear wiper wont work either! Random)

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

The beep is an indication that a door isn't shut and the rear wiper always stops if a door is open, so with your interior lights staying on also suggests you have an iffy door pin switch and is making permanent contact to earth.