Discovery battery tray

Hi Discovery people, :mellow:

I need to find a better way of securing the batteries in my trailer, a search of eBay has lead me to a Discovery battery tray however I am not sure if my leisure battery will fit. Has anyone got the measurements of the tray handy?

I have contacted the seller but he has not come back to me yet.

Cheers, Jason.

Okay Jason,

I have soon to replace my battery and have had it out on charge a couple of days so these might help.....

Mine is a 1996 300 tdi (RHD) and has the dims as follows:

Standing in front vehicle;

Left to right the tray base is 330 wide from left inner wing (But there is another 50 mm of air before rad if needed).

Front to back is 210 but the is a rising chamfer at back of base tray which reduces tray base plate to 195.

There is a battery clamp the rod of which hooks at the back no probs but the front threaded rod goes through a hole in base plate which is 180mm from the back. (This you can ignore if you secure some other way!)

My Unipart battery is clamped by it, however, and so that's why my little battery at 207 x 165 x 210 fits in with room to spare.

HTH :i-m_so_happy: