intermittent stalling

exskimmer

its happened again my 97 disco 4.0 has stalled and would not restart,seemed as if it ran out of fuel,but it is half full. after it sat 10 minutes started back up and has been running well since .this is the second time, could this be a weak fuel pump or malfunctioning fuel pressure regulator.would not start this morning it would fire but not stay running .used a small ammount of prime and started right away running fine since.any ideas?

its happened again my 97 disco 4.0 has stalled and would not restart,seemed as if it ran out of fuel,but it is half full. after it sat 10 minutes started back up and has been running well since .this is the second time, could this be a weak fuel pump or malfunctioning fuel pressure regulator.would not start this morning it would fire but not stay running .used a small ammount of prime and started right away running fine since.any ideas?

ah yes forgot,engine is a 4.0l v8 gasoline auto transmission.

It's can happen, just clean or replace the crank case breather (front of r/h rocker cover) and clean the tube to the plenum chamber also add some injection cleaner in the fuel. it works for me so I now do it as part of servicing so no more stalling.

Of course u could have a mechanical issue but deal with the simple things first.

well its not bad gas, it stalled again and would not start. I suspect a bad fuel pump. when fuel gets low the pump overheats,after it cools 10-15 min. it would start again. when 1/2 full or above it ran fine. but not this time, i think the pump is toast..

• 2 weeks later...