Series 1 Wheels

C18RCH

My dad needs a new wheel for his series 1 but all his local stockists haven't got them in stock.

Does anyone know any where near Sheffield that might stock them?

Also, am I right in thinking that wheels off any series landy will fit?

Cheers,

Rich

The difference is the size of the studs - S3 have 16mm studs and larger nuts. The double-ended S1 nuts will nearly go through the holes.

However I think late S2a's have the small studs and a larger single ended nut - which is about the outside size of the later nuts - however they would be relying on the cones on the nut to locate the wheel.

When I was moving my Sankey around I used the S1 Spare wheel and it was almost a perfect match so you may be able to look for some Sankey wheels to do the job people are always selling them on ebay.

Jason.

The difference is the size of the studs - S3 have 16mm studs and larger nuts. The double-ended S1 nuts will nearly go through the holes.

However I think late S2a's have the small studs and a larger single ended nut - which is about the outside size of the later nuts - however they would be relying on the cones on the nut to locate the wheel.

Are you sure there are any difference in the size of the bolt holes in the wheel itself? Because after fitting series 3 axles to my 80" they still fit perfectly although the bolts are bigger. And I'm sure they are genuine S1 wheels as they are very narrow and have a different depth..

When I acquired my Series 1 it had enormous wide wheels and tyres, not to my liking at all.

I found a huge supply of series 1 wheels regularly on EBay for peanuts because everyone else wanted to go the other way. Worth a look and a set only requires a morning with a wire brush, Kurust(or whatever your favourite is) and paint.