Disco 3? What problems?

DiscoHere

Hi Guys

I currently drive a 98 Disco 1 and it has given me years of good service. It is getting to 195,000 mile mark and I have been thinking of buying a Disco 3 as a replacement. I am looking at 2006 2.7 Diesel with 95,000 miles on the clock. I am kind of concerned at the over reliance on electronics and computers but don't know enough about them to make an informed decision. Just wondering if any of you might enlighten me on known problems with them and also what sort of MPG I might expect from such a vehicle.

I did hear that there is a problem with the fuel injectors that can cost a fortune to fix. What is the story with that problem and the risk of it actually occurring?

All advice welcome

Hugh

I have had 2xRRC's, 1 xD1, 1x D2 and we are on our second D3 at the moment. The D3 is the best of those. The D3 first was an 07 plate, that gave us no trouble in 2 years. The current one has nothing major, just little electrical niggles. We have had the sat nav screen issue where it goes dark during the day and flickers, the cruise control sometimes decides not to work, and lately the radio decided to put no sound out. Also we have the squeaky handbrake.

We probably average about 25mpg. They eat tyres, we get between 10k and 12k miles per set.

Overall, expensiive to run, expensive to insure, expensive to tax. But an excellent tow car, and brilliant all round. Would I have another if it didn't cost so much to run.? Yes without question.