RRC Questions about rear trailing arm mounts on chassis.

willfromsussex

My early RRC has very slack mounts causing the rear axle to move back and forwards a bit when you throttle on and off. The mounts don't look that old, are there cheap and nasty mounts out there that are known for going sloppy quickly? I notice The mounts on later RRCs (got an 89 chassis here to look at) are bigger, and the arms and nuts are all bigger. Was this to address some known problem on early ones, and if so, do later mounts fit early chassis, or are the holes bigger on the later chassis?

I have seen paddocks do a poly mount but only list it for 86-94, so I'm thinking they do not fit in the early chassis.

Anyone do a similar bush for early cars?

Thanks!.

There's normally a plate that goes between the bushes in the picture, I don't think you can use the origianl bush chopped about as the steel is much thicker and will have a different sized hole in the middle.

You can see the plates here: http://www.polybush.co.uk/shop/3_Defender

Worth a call to confirm, but that is the correct bush.