hanging doors, bain of my life...

That looks OK to me. It will always look like a big gap because the tub goes all the way to the roof next to it. If it's level all the way along and the seal has good contact I wouldn't worry.

The main thing is getting the door's barrel-side in line with that of the bulkhead and tub, which you seem to have done nicely. That and vertical/consistent gaps up the front and rear of the door.

I've tried moving the bulkhead about without avail, problem I have is that the door has a larger gap at the bottom where it meets the rear tub than at the top. And the seal on the roof does not actually contact with the door. I just can't seem to get it to line up. Gonna sit a friend on the roof in a minute and see if it will pull down harder.

Ok so update - stupid pigging paint was stopping the J nuts from moving freely and it seems that the casting on the bulkhead meant there was a lip in the top of the bolt hole stopping full movement also. Door is now ligning up properly, just need to get the roof to pull down properly to the windscreen and it will seal. Whoop! Oh and I am now VERY wet! Someone please cancel the rain I am busy

the roof might not pull all the way down, mine didnt and ended up filling the gap with sealer.

It fitted everywhere else, and doors seemed ok for aligning.

Didnt want you to waste another couple of weeks removing the roof and trying to re align everything again....... (Been there done that)

Into the side of the roof from the windscreen surround. Part code is SH106251L. However I just noticed that there is an alternative and as I have a td5 roof you may have identified the problem. Part AB614081L which is the number 14x25. Thanks Mutz, really need to think about what parts I am putting together. :D

OK so seems like the hole is too big for a 14x25, someone must have stripped it taking it out! Argh, this is not helping me pull the roof down. Gonna try a bigger self tapper, if that doesnt work I'm going to throw a bolt through the entire roof and bolt it on from the outside! Still at least the door is lining up correctly now.

Just remember, it probably will NOT pull the roof all the way down, there will be a gap over the front.

I was not happy with mine to start with, tried several times to get it lower at the front which, only caused other problems.

Then i checked other Defenders and found the gap at the front was variable on most of them and a filler had been used.

I dont think i would bolt all the way through; why not fill the hole with araldite and re drill if you cant get a bolt to fit?