V8 into series engine mounts

Jon W

Hi guys

A mate is helping me put my engine in this weekend hopefully, but I am missing the chassis mounts that come off the donor vehicle. So i currently have the series 4cyl chassis mounts and the standard rover V8 mount which are on the engine. Does anyone have picture and measurements of the mount so I can make some up to suit. or does anyone have some lying around they wish to off load quickly!

I have all the gearbox adapter etc so just need the mounts now.

Cheers

Jon

If you order brackets from Richards/wherever - DON'T get the brackets for a RR chassis (to match the brackets on the engine).

The gearbox in the donor RR sits more central than in a series (by about 2" IIRC). You'll end up with the engine sat central and the gearbox sat to one side. The net result is that the whole lot sits wonky in the chassis.

Ensure you get V8 engine mounts for a series conversion. Someone somewhere should sell them.

Right have orders engine mounts from Richards Chassis's, spoke to a chap on the phone who was most helpful and were cheaper than I thought it would turn out as well at £20. So they should be here in time for the weekend. So hopefully a productive weekend will ensue.

Thanks

Jon