BGS technics tools

garyjrode

Good day gents,

As anyone had any experience with the BGS technic tool band as far as reliability goes.

I'm looking at buying a torque wrench that will reach the torque setting of 490 nm as require for the hub/ wheel bearing nut of a Discovery 2.

The price is right "affordable" at £130.00 as apposed to +£300.00 for most other brands, I only worry that when you buy cheap you get cheap.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I have no experience of BGS technic but would guess that if you are not looking to use it every day in a workshop environment then cheap is not always the worse option.

I always used Snap on until I realised that I would rather loose a cheap drop forged in India spanner in the mud than a Snap on costing at least ten times as much.

I agree with the Vulcan! A torque multiplier also means you don't need to go on a body building course to achieve your 490Nm. I have a good quality wrench which goes up to 500Nm but the only way I can get it to click is to jump up and down on the end! 1:4 multiplier and I can get there with one hand!

Si

I must say, I have never used the torque multiplier tool before, I will look into it.

I do seem to be doing odd jobs on my D2 that require torquing, like cylinder head bolts and wheel bearing hubs, and I'm tired of having to beg and borrow a torque wrench, so it's time I get my own.

Thanks for the replies though.