Self Levelling Suspension & Active Cornering Enhancement

boaterboy

My Discovery 2 has both self levelling suspension (SLS?) & active cornering enhancement (ACE?)

Please excuse my ignorance but are these systems self contained or do they share any components, eg pipes, pumps, sensors, etc?

If so, would the failure of a component affect the operation of both systems?

From experience / statistically, what are the first component(s) most likely to fail?

Thank you for your help.

The two systems are totaly separated... there are D2's without one or another... the only thing used by both theyrs management is a road speed signal which is used by other systems too but not very common to disturb them.

in order of occurance IMO:

- for SLS the most common faults are airbag leaks, pipe/valve leaks, height sensor failures, compressor burnout...rarely different wiring or management issues

- for ACE: pipe/seal leaks and pressure transducer are the most common faults(this one is a very expensive system to maintan and if the valve block or pump fails IMO it's better to convert to classic ARB's cos it doesnt make big difference) ..in contradistinction with the SLS which i would keep what ever it takes cos this one makes a huge improvement