'Water Break Its Neck' Byway - Still TRO?

Sirocco

Looking to link up some Lanes for an outing in July and I was wndering if anyone has any news on this lane?

Trailwise does not show any restrictions but I hear it has been TRO after TRO for over 10 years. Any thoughts?

Similarly Pie Corner, Trailwise shows no restrictions.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers,

G

Both still TRO's as far as I know. The notice was still up on Pie corner late last year.

hmmm... nothing on trailwise. both shown as expired last year. I doubt anyone would go out to take notices down when a TRO lapses.

Nobody driven these recently then?

G

We went up for a look in March and there are no signs or gates at the northern end but the southern end has a locked gate and up-to-date TRO notices posted. The old, expired notices were lying in the grass next to the gate. I'm at work at the mo, so I don't have the details of the review dates on me.

It's a great shame this farce of "permanent temporary" TRO's is allowed to go on. I have a cine film of my Grandfather driving this lane and others locally in 1936 in a group of Standard saloon cars!

Giles