TD5 mpg

JST

I wasn't laughing after leaving Allisport with a new intercooler

when the (full to brim)tank was empty after just 120miles.

the extra power was infact a large amount of injection pump tweeking

once it was reset to more reasonable levels the power was less but it will do 220miles on a tank full, give or take a bit.

now I just add fuel as required once I have an idea what it does that is fine for me.

My 300tdi

was slower

2-3 better mpg

cheaper to insure

not as good for towing

not as comftable

not as nice to drive

no contest the td5 with ACE will out handle a tdi anyday.

Don't get me wrong I would not have a word said against my old disco but there is no contast between the tdi and the td5 for me.

I do 35k per year in mine..

I can only dream of figures like your James/Tony !!

Just worked out the trip to Belgium, towing the hybrid, with the TD5 110,, 55-60 mph , 650 miles at almost 20mpg,, and that included the last 100 miles from the M25 last night with a empty trailer (another story !!had to drive the hybrid back under 10mpg, but who cares !!)

go on then Reads this will make you smile even more then - TVR Chimera best 26mpg, worse 8mpg 4.5V8 280bhp. now that i only worked out three times - and agree just drove it and enjoyed it.

My mate has a 5lt Chimera and he uses it as his everyday car. He has owned if for three years and his alternator went the other day and that was the first time it has every let him down. He know nothing about cars but love his TVR, he only does about 15miles a day and maybe 75 over the weekends...

he also couldn't care what Mpg it does but if my millage was that low neither would I...