MOT today...

Tetsu0san

Last year, at one of the Land Rover shows I saw a dark red Discovery 200Tdi with a few mods for sale. I had just got rid of my old 300Tdi Disco in favour of a Defender but I knew I really wanted another Disco. So to cut a long story short, I made and offer and bought it.

Shortly afterwards my back went bad and I didn't really do much on this Disco. It had MOT until June 2012 and looked overall pretty tidy but I knew it needed some rear hub seals as they were leaking like a mofo. I did these, serviced it and that has been it really.

Anyway, my previous Disco had 2 MOT's while I owned it but I had pretty much done everything on it since I bought it. New head, radiator, boot floor, rear discs and pads, hub seals, cam belt, main crank seals etc etc. This list goes on and on and as I knew it almost top to bottom it didn't really surprise me when it passed it's MOT's. But this Disco is a different matter...

This 200Tdi has had a lot of welding done, new sills, boot floor, inner wheel arches but I don't really know much more about it. But the MOT expired so I took it in. Was meant to be done yesterday but wasn't. Strange how 24 hours seems like forever when you are waiting for news... Had a phone call earlier today and they told me...

PASSED!!! With only one advisory which was a slightly corroded center brake line (whatever that is). Anyway, I am well chuffed.

I hoped and kind of expected it to pass, but you just never know what might be unearthed when the inspector starts a prodding. But I am very pleased indeed that I bought a good'un.

I don't know if anyone on here sold a dark red Discovery with an Oxford number plate with Old Man Emu shocks, winch bumper, heavy duty rear bumper with detachable towing hitch, wrap around QT diff guards front and rear, safari snorkel, steering guard and green electrical switches just below and to the right of the steering wheel and lives in Aylesbury, or perhaps you were the one who sold it to the bloke in Aylesbury shorty before I bought it back in July/Aug, but if you are then thanks for an excellent Disco!

Yeah, so am I! I still have a list as long as my arm of things to do (diff seals, reseal the sump, replace the gearbox etc etc) but at leat I know that the engine doesn't breathe and it will always start.

Probably wont start now I have said all that... :D