How many hooks on rear tub

Evening chaps.

I'm about to fit a Trakkers tonneau cover to the rear tub of my 90 but as it started life as a hard top I have no rope hooks.

And I'm looking at buying these rope hooks http://www.johncradd...and-rover-.html

So can someone tell me how many rope hooks you have down each side of the tub.

Also

The tonneau comes with mini bungees, which fit between 2 eyelets.

There are 10 eyelets down each side

At the back there are also 10 eyelets: 2 for the panel to the left of the door, 6 across the door, and 2 to the right of the door.

30 eyelets / 15 bungee ropes in total.

That would mean if I wanted to fit the bungees to every eyelet I'd need 5 'rope hooks' per side and 5 at the rear.

Logically, I would have just fitted bungees to each pair of eyelets and fitted rope hooks to correspond with each bungee - a total of 15 rope hooks (5 down each side, 2 on the panels at the side of the door, 3 on the door)

But Trakkers only supplied 13 bungee ropes and when I asked about this they told me they don't expect people to use every eyelet - they are just there for flexibility as LR were a bit haphazard where they fitted the body rope hooks.

I'm thinking about fitting as follows

3 on each side - I can add 2 more in the gaps if I need to.

2 at the back - on the panels either side of the door

0 on the back door. I might have to revisit this but the side-opening half door is so neat it seems a shame to spoil it if I don't have to.

Does this sound sensible or do I risk having the tonneau tear off at the heady 60mph I can get up to with a following wind and down a big hill.

Ta.

Righto, looks like mcc1979ian is sort of in line with my thinking.

The Trakker tonneau has the bit above the door latched in place with the plastic click-together fasteners. I think I'll buy but not fit yet the 3 hooks for the back door and see how it goes.

So thats 6 for the sides and 5 for the back. 11 in total.

Better get on the Craddocks in the morning. The tonneau will be back with me early next week and I need to be ready to fit it immediately as I leave for Le Mans Classic in the old girl next Wed.

OK, another daft question for those of you with hooks fitted.

I've found 2 different types

The one I linked to above

ROPE HOOK BODY SIDE ALL LAND ROVER

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/land-rover-defender/defender-90-and-110/parts/hoods-and-hood-sticks/301328-rope-hook-body-side-all-land-rover-.html

And this one called

ROPE HOOK REAR U SHAPE

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/land-rover-defender/defender-90-and-110/parts/hoods-and-hood-sticks/345699-rope-hook-rear-u-shape-.html

Do you have both these parts - ie. the flat ones down the sides and the rounded horseshoe shaped ones at the back

What is on the rear door?

And would anyone care so speculate on why there are 2 different types.

Ta.

IanB

i have the ones in your first link down the sides and rear tailgate, these are weld on but suppose you could always drill and bolt/rivet if need be and the ones in your second link i have just to the sides of the rear indicators so that makes 9 of your first link and 2 of your second