Gearbox rattle

ejparrott

You really don't want to be using any SVO in these temperatures unless you have a heated twin tank system - the SVO will be causing ring and head gumming when cold and has probably made a mess of the injectors. Try a strong dose of fuel treatment when next fill up, but use the tank up first so that you have clean diesel.

I've took anoher video tis morng from the engine bay side. She was making a acket when got ack from doing a boier test so I thought I'd give it a go, still not overly cler though...

Since the last one, I opted to change the fel filter, and filled it wih a hefty wack of Redex for good measue.

I've got a spare, but if it was the vac pump, why would it stop when I filled with Bio or SVO? I'm still not convinced that it does stop when running on Bio or SVO, it just seems to be a pattern thats emerging.

We're currently running on about 75%DERV25%SVO and she's rattling terribly. I've order some bits and bobs that I need and included some injector washers. I have a spare set in my spare engine, I'm tempted to get her rattling good and proper, swap the injectors, and see if she still does it.

Who refurbs 200TDi injectors? New ones are over £200 a pop!

I've got a spare, but if it was the vac pump, why would it stop when I filled with Bio or SVO? I'm still not convinced that it does stop when running on Bio or SVO, it just seems to be a pattern thats emerging.

We're currently running on about 75%DERV25%SVO and she's rattling terribly. I've order some bits and bobs that I need and included some injector washers. I have a spare set in my spare engine, I'm tempted to get her rattling good and proper, swap the injectors, and see if she still does it.

Who refurbs 200TDi injectors? New ones are over £200 a pop!

I do...... So you can.

I've been to see a man about a traction engine today. It involved the A45 so a chance to stretch her wheels a bit, and more to the point - in daylight! Seems like I'm chucking out black smoke at high throttle settings now, especially when under load.

The rattling's still there, under power, under engine braking, clutch down, clutch up...never stops!

Now I'm annoyed....

After tea I was doing some research into Diesel Knock and piston slap. Diesel knock could be a possibility...sounds similar. Piston slap just sounds exactly the same to me.....

But!

Went to Dav this mornning...making a racket... Went to work for a few hours this afternoon.....making a right racket..... Went down to the station and then over to A&E.....rattling like a good 'un....

Then! Left the hospital to come home....

nothing..well, maybe just a little quiet rattling...

WTF????