Peak District Roych Clough, closure TRO proposal

This is being processed at the same meeting as the Long Causeway closure TRO.

The Peak Park Authority Rights of Way department have completed the earliest steps in the process for the Authority to create a TRO to close the route completely to all motorised vehicles.

The Officers of the Authority anticipate the full process will take 9 to 12 months, longer if there is a Public Inquiry or Legal Challenge. So without delays the closure TRO could possibly be effective in April / July 2013.

The chance of a closure TRO being issued is almost 100%, in my judgement.

You can view or download the documents here. You are looking at the items under Agenda Items 6.1 and 6.3 (Items 6.1, and 6.2 apply to Long Causeway).

The next meeting, at which a sub-committee will decide whether to accept the recommendation from its Officers, is to be held at Aldern House, Bakewell, on 20th July 2012, starting at 10.00 am.

Members of the public are admitted to just listen, or take the opportunity to make a 3 minute presentation, providing they register their intent with Democratic Services by 5.00pm on 16th July. (Follow the link above, then scroll down the page).

Hope this is of interest.

That would be a shame as it is a challenging lane but all to often you see 35" tired V8 discos full throttle to the top. The chap I spoke to who lives at the bottom of the lane (back in January) also had the same sentiments. Does this potential closure also include the other lane next to it (forming a triangle).

G

If you mean Chapel Gate, which almost meets the Roych Clough route at Rushup Edge, that is currently closed with an Experimental TRO, issued by the Park Authority. IIRC, that ETRO ends on March 31st 2013. The legal challenge to that TRO has a court hearing scheduled for November 7th & 8th 2012.

IMHO, whatever the outcome of the legal challenge, you can expect Chapel Gate to be also closed in the not too distant future.

If you mean a third lane, it doesn't spring to my mind, so I can't answer your question.

Regards.