megasquirt v8 luxus 1uz

davet27

Has anyone built a megasquirt kit onto the v8 1uz engine??

Is it similiar to the LR v8??

I have bought one to go in a boat and am looking for advice to which ms to go for ie- 1/2/3 also what else i need to get the engine running good. edis8????

I have the engine complete with its original loom.

Any advise would be much appriecated.

Thanks

:(

It seems the 1UZ is a little more complex than the Rover lump.

However, MS should be able to run it just fine. I know nothing about this engine (other than what I just learned on Wikipedia) so can't really advise much. I'd suggest asking on the MS forums - you're more likely to find a broader knowledge there I think.

I've squirted one, no more complex than a RV8 at all, fitting a trigger wheel is a piece of cake and can be done within the timing belt housing and using the original VR sensor to drive the EDIS. Firing order is the same as the RV8, in fact the first startup I did was on a RV8 map....

You won't need much of the original loom, I'd advise taking the injector harness and binning most of everything else and start from scratch.