do i have to ?

twizzle

Local companies do a 6" lift kit that comes with handkerchiefs for nose bleeds and little blue tablets to control excessive heart rates every time you go round hard corners, seriously why would you? Almost every weekend I go bush I end up helping some clown with a jacked-up 4WD who finds that severe angled drive shafts and over stressed universal joints are a recipe for disaster. I've driven through 38" deep water with bow waves over the bonnet and have yet to have serious water in the cabin

No you dont.

I think.. buy you have to double check, you can run a plus 2 shocker and keep the standard springs. but you will need spring relocaters front and rear and string retainers again front and rear. Keep the vehicle low good thinking and make the suspension travel!

Fit the new shocks and lower down and what you want is the bump stop to touch first! not the shocks bottoming out.

why bother fitting longer shocks? why not save alittle but and use dropper plates for the rear shocks and by -1 inlower front turrents. given her extra travel? I got away with this on mine and the genuine bump stops hit first.

its a case of fitting things without the springs and dropping the car and see what touches.

OR

keep it standard and fit a locker in the back? just lift a wheel more?