Do i need this piece

mcc1979ian

Ok so im installing a 4.6 into the 90 which came out of an auto 1998 P38 but im using a manual box when i eventually get round to putting it all together but my question is do i need this piece or do i remove it and fit a spigot bush and flywheel?

post-39652-0-53571400-1343857107_thumb.jpg

also does anyone know if this clutch kit and flywheel will suit my plan?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400101539378?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300690454907?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

or can you recommend better?

thanks

They would both work, but, how much?!

I'm running a normal RRC flywheel on the back of my 4.6 with a standard clutch, no complaints so far. If off-road is your goal then I wouldn't choose a lightened fly-wheel either.

As for the dowel on the back of the crank, no it's not required and needs to be removed before fitting the flywheel. You also need some flywheel bolts as the auto-box ones are incorrect from my experience.

I'm sure someone will be along to explain better than me but in simple terms;

lighter flywheel = less low rev torque. This will mean at low RPM the engine is more likely to stall when pulling off or going slowly over obstacles, you will require a greater RPM to pull off.

It will rev more freely one rolling and it will free up the top-end RPM but is that where you're going to want the power?