Windscreen frame to bulkhead seal

I have water getting in at the corners of the bulkhead and It's turning everything to rust .

It looks like its the seal between the bulkhead and windscreen frame. Does the roof need to come off or can the frame be lifted a little by removing the hinges and a new seal pushed in?

It's also (water) getting in via the windscreen seal so I have a new one ready to replace it with. Is this a job that's easy to do with some string and a willing assistant or should I take it to the pro's to do? My mate had his done by auto glass and he said they broke they first screen trying to replace it. Was this bad luck or are they easy to end up with broken glass ?

Matt

2 seals one fits to roof lower surface & other fits to bulkhead top surface.

the roof has to be unbolted from screen frame & B post to allow screen to lift out to get access to bulkhead seal,

roof seal slides into place & bulkhead seal is self adhesive

roof seal item 15 or 16 http://www.numcat.ru/landrover/p/31/52749/

bulkhead seal item 21 http://www.numcat.ru/landrover/p/31/52775/

If the paint is still good it is possible to run a bead of sealant along the windscreen to bulkhead join making sure you go around the corners and behind the hinges. If you've got rust in the join then you can undo the hardtop enough to get to the seal but you'll need to kill the rust and refinish before fitting the new seal. BTW if memory serves a genuine seal has self adhesive tape but you can by the same sort of sponge neoprene strip from somewhere like Woolies trim.

As regards the windscreen itself there's a picture guide care of me in the Tech Archive. I've replaced them myself in the past but haven't broken one yet.