how squeezable is silicone hose?

callum

after an annoyingly long time sent making up little brackets and cutting holes, i've got a big saab intercooler sitting infront of my radiator and need to see about plumbing it in.

i need to change pipe/hose size through 90 degrees between intercooler and pipes. intercooler is 57mm outside diameter and pipe is 54 mm diameter. Am i likely to be able to squeeze 54mm internal diameter silicone hose onto the 57mm intercooler ends or squeeze 57mm internal diameter hose onto the 54mm pipe?

I would reckon on being able to do this with rubber heater hose, but i've never handled silicone hose, so i dont realy know how flexible it is. My preference would be to use a rubber 90 degree bend as its cheap :D , but i can only find either 50 or 60mm internal diameter and i think that's going to be too much of a stretch.

Yes

Have a pan of boiling water and grease the tube ends (Oooer)

Shove 1 end in the water for a min or two - then quickly Shove it on the tube end and then leave it to cool down etc, repaeat a few times and you'll be suprised how it can remould a tad or 5

Nige

thank you

i think i'll order up two 54mm silicone elbows for the intercooler end.

hose is annoyingly expensive stuff :(

take a look at some of the hose stuff on here, in particular hose reduceers (not quite the right size) but may be of some use to you.

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/gates.htm

thanks, that's where i'd got my rubber elbow sizes from.

i found some silicone bends on ebay for £15 ea. so i think i'll get a pair of them to do the job.

quite a useful site though.

thanks

callum