Water leak

JimDay

As can be seen from the photo I have water leaking into both the rear corners of my Disco it is coming out of the box section above the rear quarter windows. Has anyone else had this problem if so how did you cure it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jim Day

Sorry should have said it's a Disco 1

0033.jpg

Hi DrRob both Alpine windows are dry & it only has a sunroof at the front (non factory) the car is jacked up at the rear & on axle stands at the moment so water can not run up hill if the sunroof was letting in water. The water is definately coming out of the bottom of the box section above the windows.

Jim

Thanks 'Teabag' I will get some ordered up & see what happens have you tried it yourself or not.

It's available in 60ml @£5.90 or 250ml @ £12.50 think I will go for the larger one as my son has a leaky sunroof on his Rover 200 so hopefully it will cure that also

Jim

Thanks 'Teabag' I will get some ordered up & see what happens have you tried it yourself or not.

It's available in 60ml @£5.90 or 250ml @ £12.50 think I will go for the larger one as my son has a leaky sunroof on his Rover 200 so hopefully it will cure that also

Jim

Nope never had a water problem, car that is :) but I'v been around disco forums a while and read a similar problem, and that the stuff to use.

My gutters have the cracks as they do but no water ingress as yet. :) touching a lump of wood.

Other wise it's sit in the boot with your LED CSI torch and watch for the drips to appear again :angry:

• 1 month later...

I may get some then as i have afew fine cracks in the gutter mastic, I have no leaks yet but no harm in preventive measures.

Does the stuff have a short life once opened, it would be handy to have on the sheld for any other little jobs :)