big issues!!!!

Tibout

It is indeed expensive and something else to consider is if you are getting knocking have you damaged the bottom end? As I say I went for the replacement engine option after speaking to a lot of people about my situation.

My truck has 100k on the clock so I figured I was getting close to a clutch change, I also wanted a decat, needed to change the glow plugs and check the starter and alternator prior to my Norway trip in Feb so took the plunge and have a 40k mile replacement by the time I have finished the engine and clutch it will cost me around £2.2k but I should get some cash back from the current engine so I am looking at about £1,700.00 when I have finished.

Jason

Just wondering guys, I'm reading the manual here, and when adjusting the injector rocker's it says to rotate the engine until number 1 injector lobe is at its highest point and then adjust.

Do i need to turn the engine again for the 2, then adjust, 3,4,and 5?

thanks thierry

Hi Thierry,

No you only need to set if for No one, the instructions are to set the timing, when I read the instructions before going down the engine route, it said before fitting the new head set number one piston to TDC and then fit the head I therefore think that once you have set number one on the head unless there is something wrong with the cam the others should be correct.

Jason.

Hi jason

just doing the seal now. i only have to adjust the rocker. Sorry if i would sound stupid but when we adjust the rocker the manual says to screw the adjusting screw until we feel it "bottom out". So i'm not a native english speaker sorry:)

so when they say bottom out should i keep screwing the adjuster until it push the injector rod fully down and back off one complete turn????

Or should i screw the adjuster until it touch the rod on the injector and then back off???

I hope i've managed to explain what im trying to explain!!

And to clarify once it's at TDC i don't need to rotate the engine again for the other injector?

Thanks again for your help

Thierry

Hi Jason

Thanks so much for your help. So did a bit of refresh and got it done. Basically had to turn the engine for each rocker before adjusting them.

Anyway might have some good news. Did the injector seals and washer , the copper washer on 4 of them look really bad. Put everything back together start her after a couple of puff she fires up an idle well. Just going to drive her for a bit to see how she behave.

Will keep you update

Great news Thierry, sounds very positive the smoke on start-up is normal well mine smoked after they were changed but soon settled down, I took mine for a run in 3rd up a big hill and then towed the trailer home and it was soon obvious that the problem was still there, remember to change your oil if all is well.

Jason.

i went for a big drive there jason she's still idling well and no smoke so far. I did the oil change and all filters as well.

I did notice that the fuel pump is quiet now before you would hear it making noise all the time. i guess air was getting in or something.

I took some pictures try to post them on but says the file is too big. will try to compress them later.

How were your washer when you remove them? mine was really bad

Sounds really positive then especially if your pump has quietened down, my washers were in fair condition, I will try and find the photo I took of them.

good to hear some positive news.

Jason.