Faulty Electrics

Hello All this is my first post so be gentle with me, I have a problem with the electrics on my TD5 2002. Basically when I depress the brake pedal the headlights come on and at the same time the Temp Gauge and Fuel Gauge lights also come on!!!!

Once you releases the brake pedal they go off, the lights are not effected in any way when I switch on the to side and main beam.

Brake lights are working fine also, I recently fitted a Aux fuse box and wired in some accessories, I had a panic it was my fault ( not shying away from blame), so double checked all cables and disconnected the aux box Live and Earth cables so basically isolating all accessories. And the problem still exists.

No wonder everybody was looking at me funny when out at the weekend as I was randomly flashing every one!!

Many Thanks for any help

Simps :D

Thanks for that Simonb, just picked up reply so will check tomorrow I do know the earth straps are covered in under seal on the chassis, do you think its worth given it a good clean and refit?

Big Mike the earth strap comes from right side near to the front of the battery box dives down and is bolted to side of chassis then a second length carries on towards the front then bolts to side of gearbox.

Thanks for that Simonb, just picked up reply so will check tomorrow I do know the earth straps are covered in under seal on the chassis, do you think its worth given it a good clean and refit?

Big Mike the earth strap comes from right side near to the front of the battery box dives down and is bolted to side of chassis then a second length carries on towards the front then bolts to side of gearbox.

Oh good lord, more shinning around underneath Daisy :)