Temperature Sender Woes

Good morning all,

I hope you can advise; I recently took my 90 to the garage after the alternator wiring loom fried itself amongst other things and, long story short, they fitted a new temperature gauge sender. In itself not a problem except my gauge then read wrong...

Some detail; its an ex military 90 (12v) with a 300Tdi from a Disco and it has a TIM electrical water temperature gauge. It normally reads between 85 and 95ish during normal driving conditions.

The new sender (the garage said there was a 'black' and a 'green' available) caused the gauge to never read above 45 degrees. I went back to the garage and they fitted the other sender in and the gauge now reads 110 degrees within about 10 - 15 mins of normal driving.

I suspect they have used the standard LR temperature sender. I think I need the TIM part but can anyone help me with which part no or description I need. I am working away from home for 4 weeks so I can't check anything and I would like to order the relevant part so I can fit upon my return home.

Do any of the wise LR guys on here have any ideas or useful advise....

Thanking you all in advance, Paul