Chassis swop

Simon_CSK

Simon,

Yes ! Land Rover Monthly has recently (2 months ago ?) started a series of articles on swopping the chassis - but without that much detail.

Much better is the info from Urban Panzer in the the D2 Boys Club forum (www.thed2boysclub.co.uk) / http://www.thed2boys...php?f=3&t=17681 where there's more detail.

Looks likely to be a ongoing subject for lots of discussion as Disco 2 chassis rot repairs get bigger & bigger (Ours is soon to break out & need welding on the RHS rear in front of the rear X-member).

Paul

2001 TD5 GS Manual 7 Seater + leather, de-EGR'd, de-SLS'd, 40mm Britpart suspension lift & OME dampers, Tree sliders, Diff & Steering Guards, CDL & 235/85 Insa Turbo Special Tracks for RTV events.~170,000 miles & climbing

Simon,

Yes ! Land Rover Monthly has recently (2 months ago ?) started a series of articles on swopping the chassis - but without that much detail.

Much better is the info from Urban Panzer in the the D2 Boys Club forum (www.thed2boysclub.co.uk) / http://www.thed2boys...php?f=3&t=17681 where there's more detail.

Looks likely to be a ongoing subject for lots of discussion as Disco 2 chassis rot repairs get bigger & bigger (Ours is soon to break out & need welding on the RHS rear in front of the rear X-member).

Paul

2001 TD5 GS Manual 7 Seater + leather, de-EGR'd, de-SLS'd, 40mm Britpart suspension lift & OME dampers, Tree sliders, Diff & Steering Guards, CDL & 235/85 Insa Turbo Special Tracks for RTV events.~170,000 miles & climbing

Simon,

Paul

Paul

Thanks for the reply. I have been to the garage that I use today, I know the owner, and he has just done a swap on his Disco 2 had his new Galvanised chassis fitted and powder coated everything. It looked like a work or art underneath. Was thinking about getting him to do it for me but whilst the cost of £1200 was not too bad I am unsure about what else will need done. If I do it myself I can spend £1200 on a truck to run around with and still have it at the end of the excercise. Just take my time and get it right