DC’s Megasquirt Install on 4.6 Serp in 110

Fatboy

Oh god, here we go. I've had the EDIS module for years since I bought it from the FF... The rest of the kit I've bought from Nige. I’ve got pics but am posting this from an iPad and haven't figured out how to attach them to the post yet so will add via Photobucket and a normal computer tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks to Sam for his excellent thread, Nige for the bits and the Serp crank wheel and the various folk who have given the key posts some life by asking the questions I was either scared to ask or too thick to think of...

My 4.6 has been top hatted and balanced, heads checked and rebuilt. It's now bolted to a ZF box from my LSE and bolted into my galv chassis. I've got a THOR Manifold but have chosen to fit GEMS for now..

I offered the new trigger wheel up to my machined pulley but realised quickly that it doesn't sit flat on the pulley because I had a fillet left between the mud shield dia and the face and the trigger sits snug on the shield dia therefore fouls on the fillet. I'll get that sorted tomorrow.

I've been circling the wiring like a predator and tonight took the plunge because of the hitch with the trigger wheel, I laid out all of the cables, clips, connectors and stuff included in the wiring kit but realised I only have one 37 pin plug... Maplins trip for me tomorrow...

I'm going to run wires for the PWM valve but don't have one yet...

Have not yet Sussex out how to it the HP pump into the 110 tank...

TTFN

Lesson No.1 - Cant add photos to a post the following day.

IMG_17051.jpg

Coils fitted to the Serp Engine Bracket. This needs a little bit of filing where the mount bolts to the Plenum chamber.

IMG_17071.jpg

Leads made up and fitted.. No excuse, need to start doing some wiring now!

IMG_17111.jpg

I had the pulley machined before the Trigger Wheel arrived and decided to leave a fillet to minimise stress raisers. oops because:

IMG_17091.jpg

The Trigger wheel is a nice fit on the Mudshield diameter, thus butts up against the fillet rather than the machined face...

Now have a chamfer on the trigger wheel so that i can leave the fillet on the Crank Pulley. For info, the web on the pulley is now 6.1mm at its thinnest section.

IMG_1718-2.jpg

The trigger wheel now sits lovely on the crank pulley. I've used Nordlock washers under the bolt heads. These are far better than split washers, loctite or nylocks.

IMG_1720.jpg

The pulley is now on the engine and VR Sensor in place. As you can see, there is still adjustment in all axis available.

IMG_1721.jpg

For the rest of it, my wiring is almost all done. I took the bulkhead off the 110 today and shifted it into the garage for patching / painting / flash banding / fitting.

I think I'm going to put the Relay Board and ECU under the drivers seat in a tupperware box. I'll then be able to fit two batteries under the passengers seat.

Ah, another thread to watch, just slightly ahead of me on your build in saying that you have done your wiring. Im going to try and start it at the weekend.

Just hope that i dont need to alter my trigger wheel too much as mine isnt the slotted type.

Good luck!

John