Calling all IVA guru's

daveturnbull

Over the coming months I intend to build myself a new 100" hybrid to replace the one that recently got attacked by a kamikaze spanish woman, rolled and written off.

I've had a flick through the IVA manual, which seems to be mostly just common sense, but there is one question I have which it doesn't seem to answer.

The first thing I will be needing for my build is a chassis. Now I know of a RRC which is due to be weighed in soon and there is the opportunity for me to use the chassis off this. I am in no way connected to the history of the car, and the log book has probably already been sent off as scrapped. Will VOSA require proof of where the chassis has come from? Or because I will be modifying it is this irrelevant?

I'm expecting to have the pay the IVA inspection fee and end up with a Q plate, so will not be trying to retain the original vehicle ID etc...