Difference between Salisbuy's (Leaf/Coil)

Soren Frimodt

I know this subject has been up before, but can't really find anything usefull, basically, whats the difference in the locker department? Why is there an airlocker for a leafer, and another one for a coiler? I've always assumed the R&P where interchangeable, and since they're all Imperial threaded, what's the difference?

I'm asking because I'm about to fit a Salisbury axle to the rear of my 88" and possibly in the front later on, so would like to know what lockers are out there.

Cheers

Because the ratio is different (except for the Stage 1) the carrier is a different thickness. (and the hardware is metric ;)

I think the changeover point is 4.27:1.

ie. That, and numerically lower uses the 3.54:1 carrier, numerically higher is the 4.88 one.

Oh ye wise Internet, you never manage to fail me! :D Thank you very much for enlightening me Rick ;)

Okay, I had no clue whatsoever about this, so all in all, this means that the only locker that will be interchangeable is the kind where you swap the spider-gears and pins, like this one?: http://ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=308

Or is this not interchangeable either?

Could a spacer ring alternatively be made as per Rover diff?