300tdi turbo mods

andy2986

hiya,
Well im nearly at the end of my year long disco rebuild. Started as replacing the boot floor and finished up as a full on rebuild. New chassis all axles stripped and rebuilt etc, anyway I decided to pep up the engine a little and have on its way a full width allisport intercooler, Ive upped the boost a little on the turbo and done all the fuel mods. I will be re-routing the turbo actuator (?) Pipe to the plenum rather than the turbo itself so it sees the true pressure at the engine rather than at the turbo, I believe this will make up for any losses in the extra pipe work and the larger intercooler.
My question is what to do with the second pipe that goes from the turbo to the FIP ? Should I take this to the plenum or leave it where it is?
My reason for asking is there was talk (RR Blues i believe) of it increasing lag if the FIP pipe was referenced from the plenum as opposed to the turbo.

What do you all think ???

Andy

Just to add. I bought my turbo second hand. I dont know if the previous person had touched the waste gate but my car boosts to 1.3 bar having it plumbed in like this. Im not sure if 0.3 bar is a realistic pressure drop across an intercooler. It might be best to move youre wastegate back to standard and adjust it while using a boost gauge to monitor it.

Jad

Just to add. I bought my turbo second hand. I dont know if the previous person had touched the waste gate but my car boosts to 1.3 bar having it plumbed in like this. Im not sure if 0.3 bar is a realistic pressure drop across an intercooler. It might be best to move youre wastegate back to standard and adjust it while using a boost gauge to monitor it.

not necissarily - my boost gauge is plumbed into the inlet manifold, via the blanking bolt at the back of it, and it briefly registers 1.2 bar on full throttle, before settling to a steady 1 bar, and that was a new turbo straight out the box, running through an allisport full width intercooler

not necissarily - my boost gauge is plumbed into the inlet manifold, via the blanking bolt at the back of it, and it briefly registers 1.2 bar on full throttle, before settling to a steady 1 bar, and that was a new turbo straight out the box, running through an allisport full width intercooler

Hi Can I ask, what is the thread on that bolt on the back, or what did you use to take a feed from it ????

• 7 months later...