No more Belgium National?

GBMUD

Did the Belgium National at the weekend and had a damned good time. Much less queueing for sites and fodd and everything else with 50% less cars there. If I get around to sorting them out there may be some pics and a small write-up later...

I got chatting to a local(ish), the guy who built the Hi-cap TombRaider lookalike, and he suggested that it may be the last Belgium National. This due to some changes in the rules in France (BN is set right on the border and crosses over using a lot of French lanes) governing green lanes. It was a very brief chat but it seems that the rules are surrounding organized events leaving from public places of some-such.

Has anyone heard anything about this change in the law? Have I/he got the right end of the stick? Anyone speak a bit of French able to Google for some details? I hope this is not the case ans it could spoil a lot of things, not lease our proposed trip to the Pyreneesesssee next spring. :(

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

It seems the people that did adventure only had 1 hr of road book on Friday and not much more on Sat and Sun.

My friend's that have called me since getting back said they had a good time, not as many there as last year but we knew that was the case a year ago, and they did not spend as much time off road but did more lanes they did xxtrem.

The bloke you spoke to must have been Sven, he writes for the LRO.

Peter

Well, I had a brilliant time!

Sadly, I bust a crownwheel on Saturday and decided not to push it any further so I'd be able to drive it home - but the bits I did on Friday night & Sat were fab!

Spent Sat afternoon drinking with an all round good chap named Brian - then carried on when my comrades returned later.

I would not hesitate to sign up for next year - with pegged diffs though!

Si

Spent Sat afternoon drinking with an all round good chap named Brian - then carried on when my comrades returned later.

Si

Does that mean, with his little habbits, Brian is allowed to come again!! :o:lol:

Also enjoyed the event, thankfully, got upgraded to XX-trem, so made the trip worthwhile,

I did the Belgium last year (2005) and wasn't impressed at all with the adventure level at all.

Wish I had done the Ebble Valley trail instead but they were on the same weekend.

This years Ebble was very good and I'd definitely recommend it. It's a lot more involved and there is more fun to it rather than just driving around a flat Belgian landscape.

There is a gravelled track to the camping area on the Ebble that my grandmother could drive and, by comparison, this was about as difficult as Belgium got.

Some of the scenery was very good in Wiltshire this year!!!

Guest diesel_jim
Some of the scenery was very good in Wiltshire this year!!!

You're right... that is an absolutely gorgeous stunning looking rangie guttering there, a prime example.

(only kidding.... :P )

Mmm if asked, would I do it again ?,,

If just the road/lane routes, probably not, for the weekend "crack" most definitely

The adventure route No, unless in a full shinny vehicle

X-Trem maybe just for the trail sections

XX-Trem yes !!

Certainly glad was able to get upgraded to XX,