Nanocom/hawk eye question please

Daisy90

Hi all, my question is - can either of the above read engine revs in a live mode ? Ie driving along ? ( a passenger will be in charge of this dept )

Very shortened story is - I have a possible slipping clutch on a mildly tweaked TD5 90

I can decide if its slipping or the turbo spooling up ? Goes very well and towed 3/4 tonne of logs home ok the other weekend :0/

Defo sounds "slippy" though in noise/revs/speed relationship

Thanks in advance

P.S is anyone has one of the above and is passing through Nr Basingstoke, I make a great cuppa and have biscuits also :0)

That's the thing- it does the "slippy" bit from low down the revs/throttle opening then sounds like it "grips" and off we go :0) once were rolling nicely it seems fine unless you press the accelerator the it does the same for the initial period :0/

If the revs increase and your speed doesnt, its slipping.

Its quite a distinctive sound, when its marginal the revs tend to rise and "float" around, before the road speed catches up and it grips again. Higher gears make it more obvious, so try going full throttle at ~2500rpm in 5th and see what happens.

Interesting you say that Mr Toad :0) I have had a whiff of diesel now n then when I get outa the car, but no marks on the drive, I'll pop the plastic engine cover off soon and report back,

Would be nice if it were a quick fix rather than another clutch ( fingers crossed )

Thanks for the replies so far