D2 steering box

Daisy90

Hi all, a work colleague has just called to say his steering box is leaking on his TD5 Disco,

I have changed one on my early V8 disco ( much missed ) and can't remember any dramas but was just checking it was quite straight forward to do ?

Am I right to think the steering drop arms a very tight ? Or is it as easy to buy a new drop arm to save the issues of swapping them over ?

And finally - any supplier reccomended or to avoid ??

Thanks in advance

I got a recon box for my D1 from Paddocks a few years back and it was happy with it - had the Disco for about 2 yrs after the change . Thats just my experience - others may disagree and suggest another supplier .

As regards the drop link I would certainly recommend getting a box with the drop arm attached - I had a 10 ton hydraulic puller and it just about got the arm off after a lot of hassle . I read some posts at the time where gas etc had to be used to try to get the arm off .