Rnge Rvr 3.9 vogue se classic to LPG

coachman

tO ALL FELLOW BELIEVERS , what do LPG owners think of their LPG systems and more to the point MPG .I am about to convrt mine ,I can strip down and use an old system but am tempted by the reliability of a T,T system fitted by them ,the car is a Rnge Rvr Classic Vogue SE 3.9 ,all VERY new to me it is sstill sat on its old soggy air bags .Coachman . :i-m_so_happy:

Hi Coachman. My Classic has a OLMV millenium system with a R90e vaporiser that is closed loop. It was fitted by a previous owner about 9 years ago. It has an approx 80 litre tank under the boot floor in place of the original petrol tank, and an auxiliary tank under the wing. So I have a range on LPG of around the 200 mile mark.

When I bought the car in July 2011 it was not running too well, but that was just down to poor servicing. It now operates reliably on LPG, even though it is down on power a bit when on LPG compared to non LPG car. I think that is just down to the restriction of the mixer in the air flow.

I have done near enough 12000 miles on LPG now with an average of 14.6mpg. However the last 4 months and 4900 miles I have an average of 15.8mpg. More of that is motorway than the normal round town driving, so it depends exactly what your driving is going to be really.

Hi Coachman. My Classic has a OLMV millenium system with a R90e vaporiser that is closed loop. It was fitted by a previous owner about 9 years ago. It has an approx 80 litre tank under the boot floor in place of the original petrol tank, and an auxiliary tank under the wing. So I have a range on LPG of around the 200 mile mark.

When I bought the car in July 2011 it was not running too well, but that was just down to poor servicing. It now operates reliably on LPG, even though it is down on power a bit when on LPG compared to non LPG car. I think that is just down to the restriction of the mixer in the air flow.

I have done near enough 12000 miles on LPG now with an average of 14.6mpg. However the last 4 months and 4900 miles I have an average of 15.8mpg. More of that is motorway than the normal round town driving, so it depends exactly what your driving is going to be really.

Thank you for the late hour reply ,I do not know yet what all these numbers mean but I trust you . Do you run on LPG only or do you have aa petrol supply and where ,I have been told the spare wheel housing is good place for LPG tank ,but if can replace existng petrol tnk with LPG then saving of space is good ,let us hope the price of LPG never gets out of hand .Coachman.

Sorry wasn't quite clear was I. The petrol tank in under the rear drivers side wing. It holds about 30 litres.I only start up on petrol. All the rest I do on LPG.

The wing tnk sounds interesting ,more please .coachman