Disco 2 GS sunroof

Pheonix

Hi all

New to the Disco forum as I have just bought a Disco 2 GS 1999 (T reg) which I will collect this Friday night.

The sunroofs are the manual winder type and appear to be stuck/seized.

Can anyone offer advice/photos of how to free this and get it working again?

I am looking to swap this out in time, for an electricly operated sunroof.

I realise that all parts can be change to an electric version, but is it possible to keep the existing sunroof /frame/tray etc and only change the winder for an electric motor & switches or does the complete sunroof/frame/tray etc need to be swapped out?

Appreciate any views especially if anyone has done this before or if any photos can be offered.

Think they are the same frame / surround / switches as a 300tdi - and therefore is just a nut and bolt job to change the winder to a motor - not sure how the electonics work though - 300 has a stand alone ecu - is the td5 done through the bcu?

I have all the electrical parts you need to change them over. As regards freeing them for now. First I'd u do the 4 torques screws that hold the glass in and lift that out and check/ clean the seals and drains etc. (obviously have a look on the roof to check if there not cover in sealant!). Then if you need to get further involved you really want the roof lining out then you can remove the sunroof tray/ mech. Or try and grease it in situ if all the seals etc are good. It's a simple enough job but you really want a decent dry day ;-)