any help with few electrical queries -standard defender 200tdi

Hi all trying to get my newly purchased standard 1993 defender 200tdi hardtop up together and going to be needing some help/info with the electrics as they are very untidy with fair bit not working.

Firstly I am trying to locate a wiring diagram for the 200tdi(defender)model with the relating itemized list of bits but not coming up with anything??.Have got a 4 cyl diesel one and 2.5 diesel etc but nothing specific to 200tdi. I did try doing a search but cant get any joy.

Main thing not working is my main beam .I can turn the lower left side column switch and I get 1) side lights 2)dipped headlights 3) Side lights and headlights get extinguished

The flash column switch(above headlight switch) has no working effect .

My horn is not connected but the purple/ white wire which was laying next to the horn only give @ 3 volts?? when I push the button and does not make it sound .

Also I have got what I believe is a hazard warning switch and an interior light switch down on the right hand side beside the steering wheel(has another pushbutton for start(which IS non standard)

Can anyone tell me how the interior light switch operates(not working at the moment).

It has 3 positions with 3 wires going into it –Purple,Black/Slate & Black-. Is it just a simple ON-off-ON switch for the interior light above front middle seat or does it do anything else. I only have one interior light .

Also the hazard warning light switch beside the above switch has come apart(see pic) can they be fitted back together or is it just a case of buy new.It has a 7 wire block which is connecting to it –so does this mean its an illuminated switch(hard to tell with it in my hand)

Sorry for poor quality pictures but camera (or operator) also not working ! :mellow:

Phew! that’s a lot of questions but I am sure I could be back for more soon

Come on all light up my life

post-12769-0-27982000-1367097373_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-19473500-1367097391_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-80064600-1367097406_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-61976300-1367097421_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-67946800-1367097436_thumb.jpg

in my defender workshop manual it gives wiring diagrams for the vehicle & a seperate diagram for the 200tdi engine. PM your email address & I'll post them over.

the hazard switch isn't illuminated with sidelights on, it only has a red warning light which illuminates when hazards are in use.