Which coil packs?

aniesigh

Hi all, first megajolt / squirt related post on here...

Basically I am planning to megajolt the 3.9 non serp v8 that's in my defender hybrid, but as a side project I will also be fully squirting a Lexus 1uz-fe with megashift to control the auto box, which will be getting dropped in to the defender eventually... but that's all for the future.

For the time being I am just wanting to sort the MJ out for the 90, and am trying to do it as cheap as poss as It is only to be fitted untill the Lexus motor is done.

So my question is... What are the pro/cons of the gen 1 and gen 2 coil packs? I see you can get new crimp on connectors for the gen 1's but not the gen 2's... So does that mean my standard v8 HT leads will fit in the gen 2 coils?

Think that's the only question I've left to answer before I order all the bits.

Oh and when it comes to doing the spark tables, are the base tables from MS transferable? I gather the tables are inverted between the two but can the figures be manually copied over?

Regards

Adam

G1 Units have a expensive complex Clip silicone boot arrangement that means once on they stay and and are pretty much waterproof

G2 are standard type towers, they take a simple cheap "Pushon" lead, and as such the lead can work loose and come off, esp if being dunked whilst nice and warm into Ice cold water !

If you don't plan to go swimming then G2 are fine, the std RR P38 Thor units are fine and will work, swimming / submariner plans go for G1s !

and yes just copy them over but being back to front will do your head in and be extar carefull !

Nige

I take it the standard 3.9 leads won't go onto the towers of the G2 unit then? in which case i may aswell just get G1's and the new ends as my leads are near enough new and buying new leads for them is probably cheaper than buying p38 leads and will end up a better end result then :closedeyes:

Cheers.

And i did email you about MS a few weeks ago, just haven't got round to calling you to discuss all the Q's i put to you! been abit hectic at work but i can get away with typing/browsing discreetly while working :ph34r: