retrofitting range rover classic electronic speedo

Hi all, i'm new on here, so I hope I've posted this in the rright section?

im currently building/rebuilding my 4.6 comp safari racer and im not one to spend big money on things i dont need so was wondering if anyone has ever "retrofitted" electronic speedos off another vehicle,

Basically ive got a modified gearbox and transfer box and along the lines of the modification ive got no speed sensor output- not done by me.

So, without spending a fortune on guages i was thinking of using something cheap and available and all 1 unit so the range rover classic electronic speedo seems a good plan with combined tacho, fuel and temp guage along with all the warning lights.

This is where my heads getting slightly baffled. im assuming the speedo will be a fixed amount of pulses per mile- does anyone know what this will be as im thinking of using a plate bolted to the flange between the transfer box and the prop and not sure how many times per revolution it need to switch and also can the speedo be recalibrated to my set up? i keep working ratios out and stuff but finding it hard to get info about the speedo itself so not really getting far with it.

many thanks in advance

The speedo pulse output for Defenders with an LT230 box was 4100 pulses per mile and for discoveries was 8200 pulses per mile (the disco sender gives twice the pulses). No idea for the pulses on a RRC though.

Whereabouts are you based Chris?