Heater fan relay position in 1989 RRC

Tobias

I have a 1989 (build date 1988) early 3.9 hotwire RRC

I have the factory manual in paper form for the 1990- RRC and it has helped some, however it says the relays for among other things should be in the right footwell, or posibly to the right in the left footwell.

I only have relays just to the left of the steering shaft.

In the engine compartment, at the right side of the firewall I have the washer relay as per manual but also six others. Might the heater fan relay be here?

I have tried by looking at the colours of the wires to these relays, to no avail

Most wires disappear through the firewall.

The heater fan switch seems to be working, at least different pins are connected at the different positions. By jumpering the constant 12V to different other pins on the switch connector I get no result.

I think I have the switch working right, but not the relay, but it may just as well be something else.

For some time before this all has happened there was blinking of the low coolant light. This blinking stopped every time, after a certain while, like a few minutes. It seemed that the fan did not work for as long as the light was blinking, but according to PTSchram this should not happen. Is the light/level switch connected in series somewhere?

Also I have two relay bases under the passenger seat, not connected to the engine harness. Only one of these has a relay...

Where is the fan relay?

Tobias

post-945-1159259100_thumb.jpg

post-945-1159259108_thumb.jpg

post-945-1159259116_thumb.jpg

probably wont help much but in my 1990 disco (which i think is built using a lot of RR parts) the heater fan relay is in the drivers kick panel. its a standard 4-pin relay, i know cause i drowned mine when out playing & had to replace it.

id go look at the colour of the wires, but the car is at work 16miles away. i brought the coach home instead as it doesnt run on my fuel bill :D