What's a fair price for series doors ?

Anderzander

I opened the door cards on my 2000 plate td5 to swap the hinges - and was rather taken by how much corrosion there was in the bottom rail.

I think having the rubber strip on them stops it draining. They are still useable - but it won't be long before that rail breaks through.

I know I can get a repair section - and that's probably the sensible option .... But I quite fancy a series pair. I've looked on eBay and looked at new where prices seem to vary hugely.

So could anyone give me an idea of what's a fair price for a complete pair of series doors please ?

All defender door rust until they changed to the formed doors around 2007.

If your buying new by the time you have all the latches, locks , etc , painted them to match the rest of the Landy you'll spend a fortune.

Pattern door bottoms fit badly, series tops will do your head in cause they are rubbish, Ali tops are much better but will set you back £200 secondhand or more,

And to top it all the glass rattles,

Having said that their fitted to my truck , Their cool and every passenger asks me if the rattle tinkles me off and why they can see air gaps.

But some how the foot wells are dry