Injectors

Johannadine

Please help i have a Discovery 1 3.9 V 8. When i start my land rover it starts fine but when it stalls in gear the injectors keep on spraying for 5 seconds and flood the engine. i then take the fuse of the injectors off and then it starts again what causes the ECU not to shut down the injectors.

Thank you

The ECU should not open the injectors at all unless the engine is firing as it gets its timing form the coil -ve.

Are all 8 injectors squirting, or just 4, or some other number? Or are you just hearing the fuel pump running on for 5 secs after stalling?

Please help i have a Discovery 1 3.9 V 8. When i start my land rover it starts fine but when it stalls in gear the injectors keep on spraying for 5 seconds and flood the engine. i then take the fuse of the injectors off and then it starts again what causes the ECU not to shut down the injectors.

Thank you

The ECU should not open the injectors at all unless the engine is firing as it gets its timing form the coil -ve.

Are all 8 injectors squirting, or just 4, or some other number? Or are you just hearing the fuel pump running on for 5 secs after stalling?

Hi, yes all 8 injectors are squirting. it empties the pressure in the fuel line, the fuel pump does not run its the pressure in the line that floods the engine.

Thank you

Thank you

Hi, yes all 8 injectors are squirting. it empties the pressure in the fuel line, the fuel pump is not on.

Very strange - for the injectors to be pulsing there should be a signal from the coil -ve terminal which is controlled by the ignition amplifier / distributor.

Can you try unplugging/breaking the wire from coil -ve to the ECU? On Hotwire I believe it's white with a black stripe.

Are there any aftermarket accessories on the truck that may be wired to the igniton - performance coil/ignition, alarm/immobiliser, tachometer...?