Discovery 3 body mountings and bushes

jbs

Hi all,

I don't usually post here I usual am elsewhere lurking and posting, I wonder if someone would be good enough to answer a question or two from a mate of mine I work with-he has a disco 3 and has asked the following:

1. Am I right in that the body sits on those big orange washers? How easy is it to replace a damaged one, without removing the body??
2. Replacing bushes, front/back and steering, how difficult a job?
I will endeavour to get him on here-I did tell him where to go but he may have forgotten the web adress
Any help as per the norm gratefully received
John

Many thanks John for airing my query. As you can see I have come over from the dark side and signed up!!. If this forum is anything like my usual haunt, I suspect there will be a wealth of knowledge amongst its members.

Basically the front left body mounting disk has cracked, and requires changing at some point, I dont think it has a massive impact on the vehicle, however the fact Ive pinged it niggles me!!

Also I would like to replace the front and back bushes at some point, any steers would be most welcome.

John enjoy Sri Lanka, Sunny Tanzania aint that sunny at the moment!!! I'm due back end of October.

Best Regards

Tony

Tonga Green 2006 TDV6 HSE

Many thanks John for airing my query. As you can see I have come over from the dark side and signed up!!. If this forum is anything like my usual haunt, I suspect there will be a wealth of knowledge amongst its members.

Basically the front left body mounting disk has cracked, and requires changing at some point, I dont think it has a massive impact on the vehicle, however the fact Ive pinged it niggles me!!

Also I would like to replace the front and back bushes at some point, any steers would be most welcome.

John enjoy Sri Lanka, Sunny Tanzania aint that sunny at the moment!!! I'm due back end of October.

Best Regards

Tony

Tonga Green 2006 TDV6 HSE

Aha Tony, Welcome to the forum mate, and let the information wash over you-like an :) over flowing cup, Sri lanka's not that sunny either :glare: lol-off to Cairo next mate....

John