Light bar and wiring question.

Nigelw

Been looking at a couple of other bits I want for my truck and as Christmas/Birthdays are coming up I thought I'd get her to get me something functional but practical.

The functional is that extra lighting is always a bonus!!!

The practical is that it would afford a little more strength to the front door/screen pillars. I found this on the bay a while ago and liked the idea of a small frame/windscreen hoop far more than a gutter mounted light bar and way more than a full on roof rack. What do others think?

And another odd question, where seems to be the most common/popular place for people to run the cabling for the roof lights? New hole in the roof or in the top of the door and down the inside of the screen pillar?(not a preferred method just one I have seen else where)

Ideas and suggestions please.

That looks a nice bit of kit, but would it not stop you fitting a roof rack if needed? With that one you could drill holes in the tubing and make a harness to run through it. I've made a small rigid tube to run up the A post to carry the wiring fixed with P clips when I get around to fitting it.

On my old Disc I fitted a snorkel and cable-tidied the cable and raised axle breather pipe to the snorkel. The cable then ran through the gap under the bottom corner of the windscreen and through the bulkhead. No additional holes.

You could run the cable up the tube work in the same way.