2001 TD5 Auto-gearbox oil cooler pipes

Desert Cat

Would like to replace my Auto-gearbox oil cooler pipes before they burst...
Is there a real difference in quality between the Land rover 85GBP "Genuine" to the BRITPART 34GBP "OEM" ?

Genuine for 75GBP while OEM for 35GBP

You don't do this every day, I have 300K on my vehicle tending towards the "genuine" but I not 100% there is a real difference in quality.

UBP101601

UBP101610

For these types of things go genuine, I am sorry to say that I have had experiences with brand new "pattern part" brake pipes bursting, oil cooler pipes with the wrong thread sizes and the list goes on, I will just point out that not all of those parts were from Britpart either!

The price difference is small enough not to worry about and it will give you a warm fuzzy feeling to know that what you have bought is guaranteed to fit and will last as long as the pipes you are about to replace.

For most things I tend to head for OEM as it should be exactly the same thing but not branded land rover. I suppose this tends to depend on whether or not their quality control has slipped or if they still supply LR with these parts.

Jad