Bike sheds…(fnar fnar)

UdderlyOffroad

The various workshop build-threads on here have got me thinking about my ‘man cave’ – full as its with various Landie bits. But it’s also full of various other detritus including bikes and gardening kit. Ideally I’d like to that stuff into a shed, as a couple of times this weekend I came close to injuring myself (not to mention scratching an expensive bike) carrying heavy stuff tripping over a bike.

Had a look round B&Q as they’re only round the corner from me. They had a selection of ex-display sheds on special, for not a lot, but the quality was so gash-awful I wasn’t willing to part with my hard-earned. They did have a plastic bike shed, which would’ve been perfect size, but again, for £149 I thought the quality was terrible.

So what have you got? Purchased or home-built? For £150 I could build something myself with Treated timber. In that case I’d probably build a (secure-ish) lean-to against my block garden wall.

Plan B would be a 6x4 or 8x4 shed, but I would prefer the large side door to enable easy bike access.

Sunk several 4x4 inch posts as corners and middles into postcrete and suspended a shed on them. Perfect because no dampness comes up. Mind you I did go ott a wee bit as its got a covered porch with clear plastic roof, a wood drying section at one end with a flap in the wall to lob woodstove wood through to the inside onto the wood stack, and a few other 'features' that make it 'homely'.

Just built my 5 year old a 'shed' too, on stilts. Have to say it looks more like a deer stand but he thinks its great - especially as its got no door - you go in through a hatch in the floor, Had 7 children in it last week with a packet of digestives. Class. Wee lad wants a 'water feature' in it now! I think that will be plastic pipe and a funnel driving a waterwheel (only small - made that last week) and it can be 'adapted' to be a giant marble run instead of water which will be pretty cool methinks. I've told him he cant have a woodstove in it.

I ripped up a deck we didn't want and used it to build my shed. Had to buy T&G cladding and roofing felt etc, but I now have a bespoke shed that will withstand a nuclear blast for under £200! :)

Now that's an idea I like, build a shed out of decking. Pressure treated, chunky. Possibly not too expensive depending on source.

Sunk several 4x4 inch posts as corners and middles into postcrete and suspended a shed on them. Perfect because no dampness comes up.

That's not really an option as it will be on a patio, I've no wish to start lifting slabs and cutting chunks out of them. Good idea though!

Does anyone have an off-the-shelf solution they're happy with?